Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts.
--Jeremiah 15:16

Monday, August 2, 2010

My niece Shannon gets married...

Okay so I attended the coolest wedding ever! Really I mean ever! It wasn't your typical alcohol riddled, cheesy DJ... with a dance floor full of people that should NEVER dance in public, kind of wedding. It was so unique and original and it left each guest full of anticipation to try each event! And to top it off everything was practically homemade, refurbished or antique. I felt that I had not only stepped back in time to an old fashion country wedding but had also stepped onto the cover page of a Country Living Magazine. Every detail was finished with the greatest of care! Rather than try to tell in you in words I will show you in pictures.


















It was an outdoor wedding. The decorations for the ceremony location were very simplistic. I liked the fact that there were not a whole lot of decorations up front competing with the wedding party. This table of bud vases and cut flowers were the only vying factor. Very pretty! Loved the simple white linen runner.



















The aisle of pinwheels was such a nice touch. This picture was taken after the chairs were moved up under the tent for lunch so it is not as visually detailed as it was when the chairs there but you can get an idea of the country feel. The pinwheels were all homemade as well.







(picture courtesy of Melissa Brown)






















The wedding party's attire gave a relaxed flow to the whole setting...from the groomsmen's sandal clad feet and white linen shirts unbuttoned and casual...to the bridesmaids' different styles and shades of dresses. They just oozed comfort.



Had I not been so excited to get in line for the bistro style picnic buffet I would have gotten pictures but my gluttonous belly wanted in on the food so I forgot to snap some photos! There were: gourmet breads in tiered baskets, bistro style chicken salad and platters of meats and gourmet cheeses, big glass jars full of gourmet style chips and plates of fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, greens, red onion and pickles...white ceramic dishes held mounds of fluffy bow-tie pasta salad and fresh fruit salad. I piled my plate high...since I couldn't decide on which or what, I took a little of everything. As if that wasn't enough there was a whole table devoted to spreads... from pesto to practically any type of mustard one could ask for...not to mention the old standbys as well.

Everything was labeled with homemade country style placards for a beautiful finishing touch! Also accentuating the spread with a touch of homeyness, were bright and colorful balls of yarn and handmade button bouquets scattered about in bud vases. Aargh...so mad I didn't get pictures of those!























Besides the lemonade there were also bins of ice filled with old fashioned bottled soda and IBC rootbeer! What a refreshing way to display the beverages. So eye pleasing as well!




















Lunch was held under a big white tent with tables and chairs. The handmade decorations again gave a very simplistic feel.

















Even the napkins were handmade. They had the guests save the napkins and plan on using them to make a quilt later on!


After lunch the festivities really took off. The highlights for me were...































...the penny candy styled bar and...















...the dress up photo booth!


























































Other activities included....




































































And of course they had the bride & groom's favorite of all past times VOLLEYBALL...


































The bride and groom even got in on the volleyball festivities...





















We all took some time out to have some dessert and....

















...to watch the bride and groom cut the cake and...
































...then we all waved goodbye to the bride and groom as they drove off into the sunset!

4 comments:

  1. What a fantastic day - seriouslt those sorts of weddings are so MUCH more fun for everyone - and so much thought goes behind everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. madamebutterfly...you said it right! My only complaint is that it was only one day! I woke up the next morning wanting so badly to go back and do it all over again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful! That's my kind of wedding!

    ReplyDelete