Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts.
--Jeremiah 15:16

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Fermented in HIS Love

Praise YOU Lord that I am stretched beyond what I can do
All powerful living God,
my trials are not beyond YOU!

YOU are the author and finisher of my faith;
YOU are writing every line
All glory to YOUR kingdom come;
YOUR will be done not mine

YOU are the Creator of the heavens and the earth
Who am I?
That YOU would write for me?
Mighty Redeemer and Savior of my re-birth?

I’m extracted and fermented;
out of the winepress YOUR glory flows
from water to wine I drink YOU in;
redemption’s glory shows

YOUR sacrifice completes me and I am covered by YOUR blood
fermented in YOUR Truth and YOUR intoxicating Love

When the enemy presses in, YOU turn it all around
through the pressing and the trial,
enduring strength is found

out of the winepress YOUR glory flows;
YOUR blood completely covers
hardships come upon me
that I might strengthen my brothers

Who am I that YOU would strengthen me?
delivered to the enemy
that I would be made strong
YOU prayed my faith to fail me not
against the enemy’s throng

I’m extracted and fermented;
out of the winepress YOUR glory flows
from water to wine I drink YOU in;
redemption’s glory shows

YOUR sacrifice completes me and I am covered by YOUR blood
fermented in YOUR Truth and YOUR intoxicating Love

I poured my new self into the old
and I did burst and bleed
my flesh tried to finish the spirit’s work;
O’ foolish me indeed

that day on calvary YOU already burst and bled
YOU already did the work, that I might just be fed

Who am I?
That YOU would die for me?
YOU cleanse me and forgive me
and give me my daily bread
I know by works I would die
but by grace I live instead

I’m extracted and fermented;
out of the winepress YOUR glory flows
from water to wine I drink YOU in;
redemption’s glory shows

YOUR sacrifice completes me and I am covered by YOUR blood
fermented in YOUR Truth and YOUR intoxicating Love

Mighty conqueror; “It is finished” was YOUR battle cry
YOUR words are truth and life;
the heavens can’t deny

YOUR victory complete and won all those years ago
a completed work YOUR will unveils as day by day we go

Who am I?
That YOU would fight
and conquer all for me?
YOU conquered all that I might live
by grace in victory!

I’m extracted and fermented;
out of the winepress YOUR glory flows
from water to wine I drink YOU in;
redemption’s glory shows

YOUR sacrifice completes me and I am covered by YOUR blood
fermented in YOUR Truth and YOUR intoxicating Love

Who am I?
I was once an ugly sinner
now redeemed by ALL YOU did



My image in the looking glass?
Behold I see YOUR glory!
I'm beautifully transformed
because YOU wrote my story!


YOUR sacrifice completes me and I am covered by YOUR blood
fermented in YOUR Truth and YOUR intoxicating Love!

The true question is not who am I...
but rather who is HE?
Indeed HE is The Savior...
Jesus Christ, who died for me!
HE paid our costs and died our deaths
that we would be set free!


© Copyright 2010 Christine Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment