Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts.
--Jeremiah 15:16

Friday, March 4, 2011

Friendship of a Lasting Kind

To my then and now and forever friend: Missy Krieger...aka...Melissa Longval

Golden halos stretch
their amber slants of light
illuminating the dark
timeless black and white

glittering sepia
silhouettes your face
scratches on vinyl
and the crackling of a bass

day light; like time
flickers as we smile
bare-feet... rolled blue jeans
fingers entwined we walk another mile

the noon-day sun
warm with laughter
innocent joy
friendship ever-after

cold ice tea
legs swinging from Grampy's tail-gate
mosquitos start buzzing
the time is getting late

amber hues turn violet
as peepers chirp their chorus
and once rich textures
become somewhat porous

tire swing sits empty
the rope is all but frayed
holding precious memories
of youthful summers stayed

© Copyright 2011 Christine Maxwell

2 comments:

  1. Chris, I loved your poem - what a tribute to your friendship! I particularly love, ‘fingers entwined we walk another mile’ which clearly tells of the especially close [fingers entwined] and long friendship [walk another mile] you share with your friend Missy/Melissa and echoes your dedication of, ‘To my then and now and forever friend’.

    ReplyDelete
  2. friendship is divine.
    what an outstanding tribe you have here.

    keep writing, keep sharing..

    bless your talent, hope to see you around more.

    ReplyDelete