Psalm 91:4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

I'm hiding here...in the shadow of His wing
praise the Lord the enemy can't see me
and I can not feel his sting
The battlefield is smoking
the enemy encamps about
and yet I am not choking
as my feet keep marching out
quickly... come to Him
won't you hide with me...
in the shadow of His wing
where you truly can be free?
under cover of His shadow
let joy fill up your life
suit up... begin to march
be rid of daily strife
it is a war... I trick you not
safety yet abounds
amazing and unnatural peace
through Jesus Christ is found
my feet prepared with good news of peace
they trample the serpent's head
as I grip my shield of faith
no longer a sense of dread
quickly... come to Him
won't you hide with me...
in the shadow of His wing
where you truly can be free?
salvation is my helmet
God's word in hand I grip
protected from all fiery darts
belt of truth upon my hip
praying always in the Spirit
persevering with words of praise
alert to pray for others too
and serve Him all of my days
I'm an ambassador in bonds
to speak boldly a mysterious thing
now is the time to run to Jesus
and hide in the shadow of His wing
quickly... come to Him
won't you hide with me...
in the shadow of His wing
where you truly can be free?
© Copyright 2011 Christine Maxwell
The full armour of God...what else do you need? Thank you Chrissy...this was a refreshing reminder of God's power, and how we can always find rest and safety in the shelter of His wings!
ReplyDeleteLooking back and reading this today, I might exchange the word hide for abide.
ReplyDelete