Just as the dawning sun
kisses its warm breath upon the dew
burning off a steamy mist
greeting a day brand new
so does Your Spirit
breathe its fire, upon all the tears I shed
raising up joy from ashes
creating victory instead
Breathe on me Lord...
ignite Your fire within
burn away the dross
cleanse me from my sin
I don't want to be a light...
only shining unto itself
sitting in a church pew...
like a candle on a shelf.
I want to spread like wild fire
carried on the winds of Your breath
I have a burning desire
that others be spared from death
Breathe on me Lord and carry me
to the far reaches of hurting hearts
burn away their unbelief...
through the power Your love imparts
In my spirit...Your fire rages
let it billow from my mouth
Lord unlock their prison cages
so that they'll all step out.
Lord breathe on them
fan their flickering flame
Let Your fire burn
that they'll never be the same
Lord breathe on us
that we'd be a mighty rushing sound
like an angels' choir of praise
as we reach to the lost You've found
Let the fire burning within
like fragrant incense rise
for true worship reaps a harvest
through Your fire in our lives.
Lord breathe on us...
© Copyright 2011 Christine Maxwell
We're always headed somewhere...living is constant motion toward a destination. This blog is an eclectic collection of writings...some of which are just creative pieces and some of which capture my on-going journey of discovery, struggle, surrender and joy. I'm learning to surrender and let God navigate the way, while He faithfully reveals that my true identity lies within Him.
Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts.
--Jeremiah 15:16
--Jeremiah 15:16
Thank you for this uplifting poem ... I am not a christian, but I do believe in a Higher Power.
ReplyDelete