
I hear you in your room
above my head
writing a new song
singing loud... sitting on your bed
drowning out the sound of your heart
as it breaks.... again
turning down the lights
turning up your amp
strumming new chords
soft glow of your bedside lamp
my dear son
if only you could know
no matter what
no matter how many times
your heart breaks
and your tears start to flow
you will be fine
for through all our weakness
and all our tears
the Lord is our strength
and we shall not fear
I know your tears are chords
your cries are the lyrics you sing
it's a gift from the Lord
to give voice to tears that won't fall... yet sting
to give volume to silent heart prayers
that beg for a way out.... they call
to Him
I sit below and hear the breaking of your heart
like glass it cuts
and it rips me apart
I fall to the floor
and begin to pray
Lord pick up the shards
every last stray
and blow upon them
to make him whole...
a new creation
with a brand new heart
tears of joy for tears of pain
restored faith and a brand new start
© Copyright 2011 Christine Maxwell
No comments:
Post a Comment