Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts.
--Jeremiah 15:16

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Some Assembly Required


I'm not a puzzle you can solve
or a problem you can resolve
just because I come in pieces doesn't mean I'm broken
each piece of me is still a whole
I'm just me and there is some assembly required


Dedicated to all my peeps that fall within the spectrum . . . you know who you are ; )

© Copyright 2011 Christine Maxwell

18 comments:

  1. Love this! Clever ... and so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chrissy - This is truly wonderful and so true about each of us. Fantastic work. Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I really love this! We each have many pieces but it doesn't mean we are broken. Wonderful, I really enjoyed your Magpie. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are whole Chrissy and each piece beautiful...bkm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic realizations that there are many pieces to the whole of each and every one of us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your comments which I truly treasure! I was trying pretty hard to conjure up a poem for this prompt but was getting no where. so I went to bed and slept on it and when I awoke it was right there on the tip of my tongue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A clever take on DIY self assembly! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love "just because I come in pieces doesn't mean I'm broken". Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So true...wonderful take on the prompt..

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow ..you bet! we might come in fragments at times but we are definitely not broken. loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is great! So much truth in your work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Short, to the point and accurate! It does seem like so many want to fix us -- or -- are they trying to create us in their image?

    ReplyDelete
  13. agree..you are live and smart, a human.
    well done magpie.

    come to poets rally if you wish.
    will consider giving you the perfect poet award this week.

    ReplyDelete