Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts.
--Jeremiah 15:16

Monday, July 26, 2010

Current Events

Okay it's been a while since I have posted an update on the goings on in my life.

Well to start I have been taking people's advice and have been continuing to expound on my latest mystery suspense story. I will not post anymore of it until I have it all written since a mystery is very difficult to write and share on an improv basis... it takes quite a bit of detailed structuring and an over all skeletal frame...which might require some details to be changed or tweaked as the story line progresses and becomes more complex.But rest assured I am clicking away at it until the wee hours of the night...much to Kevin's chagrin as he snores loudly next to me and stirs every so often.

Josh my oldest son, leaves for basic training on September 14th. I am still in denial about losing him to the army especially so soon after losing Isaiah. I am proud that he is pursuing his dreams but wish sometimes I could just take this man-child and roll him up like a ball of playdough and stick him in my pocket! Strange confession I know but that's how I feel.

Went back to the pet store today and held a puppy for the longest time. A tiny little shetland sheep dog. The people at the pet store must think I am crazy...just about every week, sometimes more...I go in just to hold the puppies that are about the size that my little Isaiah was. I hold them up to my neck and just love the feel of their squirmy warmth. I would never have guessed in a million years just HOW therapeutic a puppy would be!

I went to the ocean today with my cousin and her husband and their 3 amazing and greatly entertaining children! I just LOVE the ocean! I wish so badly that I could just spend a week in a house right on the beach! I love every thing about the ocean, the salt water, the sand, the sun, the waves, the icy cold Atlantic, the slight sting of burned skin kissed by the summer sun and of course the cry of the sea gulls....even though they are such scavengers. SIGH...I wish...I wish...I wish! Lord hear my prayer!

I have been thinking what to do to bring in some cash once the boys are back in school. I thought perhaps subbing at the elementary school, or cleaning houses. I did the whole corporate thing....HATED it! I love people and loved retail...but I really really loved teaching kindergarten and special ed! Kids are just amazing and honest and freshly raw. They just "get it"....what happens as we get older that we stop "getting it?" Man sometimes our sharing circle times were the most simplistic philisophical times of reality that I have ever experienced!

Yesterday after a hike with Kevin we stopped by a local farm stand on our way home and picked up some fresh NH corn and some fresh from the garden tomatoes...what a delicious dinner we had! We couldn't even wait until the ribs were cooked...we just dove into the corn and tomatoes and by the time the ribs were done...we were like "oh yeah the ribs...eh not in the mood" My chin dripped with salty buttery sweetness as I lapped up every last liquidy seed from the sweetest tomatoes...the explosion of summer sun and earth in every bite!

We are in faith for our finances to improve GREATLY. I left my job when I got pregnant and after Isaiah died I decided to just stay home with my boys for the summer. Levi has just LOVED having me at his disposal. We have spent practically everyday together! What a true joy to my heart that was so badly broken and damaged! But yeah so our finances haven't been this bad since...I don't even know when! But like I said we are in faith for the Lord to provide according to His will.

Well I have another topic I wanted to touch on but my eyelids are extremely heavy form the last couple of all-nighters I pulled trying to appease those who admonished me for leaving them hanging with my recent mystery vignette.

Goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment