Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts.
--Jeremiah 15:16

Sunday, July 25, 2010

A Story re-told in my own words original author unknown

A young boy stood out on the corner with his satchel slung over one shoulder. A business man walking by happens to take notice of the young boy and is filled with great concern for his safety.
"What are you doing young man?" the business man asks.

"I'm waiting for the bus." the boy replies matter-of-factly

"Well you shouldn't be waiting here...the bus doesn't stop here. You need to go down a few blocks and take a left and then down a few more blocks...there you will see the bus stop. If you hurry I think you can make it in time." the business man advised with care and earnest sincerity.

"Thank you sir...but the bus will stop here." the boy answered matter-of-factly

"No you are confused young man...it doesn't stop here. This block is not even on its route. Hurry now you'll miss it." the business man urged...pleading with the boy to understand the logic and trust his years of experience.

"Thank you sir but if it's all the same to you I will just wait here...the bus will stop." the boy respectfully replied.

The business man looked down at his watch and seeing that he was now running late turned to head towards the curb where his car was parked. As he was unlocking his car door he heard the squealing breaks and smelled the diesel of the bus coming to an expected stop and the hissing of the bus door opening.

As the young boy climbed up to the 1st step of the bus, the business man witnessed a secure grin flash across the boy's lips as he looked at the business man and said "The bus stops here when the driver is your father."

-Author Unknown

****************************

I just loved this story! What a great reminder that with Christ as our Father we live not only by a faith that exceeds logic but in the knowledge of that certain and experiential truth!

1 comment:

  1. To call the One who holds everything in His hands, Father, is far above all other joys! “He is all I want, all I need, Jesus, you are everything. His touch is all I desire.”, taken from the song , ‘You’re All I Need’.

    ReplyDelete