
newly betrothed they lay in the genesis of their journey with braided limbs,
as naive whispers of a utopist trust in love are freshly birthed from their tongues
Swapping secrets and daring dreams, her thick dark hair tousled upon the pillow
her supple innocence immersed in the bulk and youth of his arms
buoyant laughter & fluent passion resonate late into the night
sleepy eyed smiles are shared from their pillows on late Sunday afternoon awakenings
sliding playfully beneath the tented covers they disappear once again into their naive world of frolic.
breezy innocence is whisked away with fleeting youth....
they lay in the midst of their journey separated by the sum of their passion
as tired whispers of hoping not to wake the children are prayed from their tongues
Swapping chores for a good night’s sleep, she drools upon her pillow
her exhausted frame sprawled survivor fashion across the whole of the bed
whistling noses stuffed from preschool colds and his deep snoring echo late into the night
baggy eyed smiles are shared from their pillows as Sunday morning dawns
sitting up they sip steaming coffee from mugs and disappear into the fantasy of their children’s books
time unfolds....
they lay at the boundary of their journey with braided limbs,
as reminiscent whispers of their tears and their laughter pine from their tongues
Swapping secrets and daring dreams, her thin white hair tousled upon the pillow
her fermented wisdom immersed in the frailty of his thinning arms
crackled laughter and familiar passion resonate into the early evening
cloudy eyed smiles are shared from their pillows as Monday rolls around
motionless they held each other for they had disappeared into their eternal journey
© Copyright 2010 Christine Maxwell All rights reserved
I love the Yin and Yang of frailness and strength in your words. :)
ReplyDeletethe journey of life and love in beauty prose...blessings...bkm
ReplyDeleteOne of my favourite of this week.
ReplyDeleteoh- I love this journey! Well done!
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone! As you can see I posted this at 3 am. I went back the next morning to read it... hoping it would make just as much sense the next day after a cup of coffee...I was pretty pleased with it but I did see a few things I think I should change to clean it up a little...I'll wait until next week though... :)
ReplyDeleteI feel so foolish - I don't know why I can't comment on the newer post. But I reallllly identified with the comment you left me on my blog: "I hold me back! I am the most deliberate lover of rules and structure..." This is me to a T !!!! But I'm working on it! Thank you for always leaving such thought provoking comments on my blog :)
ReplyDeleteAh, beautiful chapters in the book of life.
ReplyDeleteOh Chris, to have loved and not lost it. But instead, to have kept it from youth to old age. How very beautiful!
ReplyDelete